July 10, 2011

Weeks 16, 18, 20 and 23

Week 16 I started a baby quilt for Meg Irish. When I make a quilt, expecially a baby quilt, I like to think about the things I love about babies. I sew my love and cuddles and tickling their tummies into their quilt. I sew a comforting arm around her when she's sad and I make sure there's a soft place to wipe her eyes and dry her tears. She may never know the story of her quilt, but I believe she will feel my love when it's wrapped around her. Every baby deserves to be loved.

Week 18 I realized I had a problem with Meg's quilt. It was going slow. Really, really slow. The baby wasn't due for a couple weeks, so I had a little time, but I couldn't seem to get it done. I had a long, heart-to-heart talk with myself and realized the problem wasn't Meg's quilt, it was Addie, Grace and Kate--Meg's older sisters. Those little girls are sweet and adorable and in need of a new quilt as much as the baby. And why should the baby be the only one to get a present?

Solution--make three more quilts!



No comments:

Post a Comment