January 13, 2011

Week One

I wanted my first project for the year to be cute and creative and, well to be honest, finished.

And...I did it!


Last Wednesday I watched Quilting Arts show 613 (http://www.quiltingartstv.com/) where Julie Fei Fan Balzer joined Pokey Bolton to create a portrait art quilt. The textured background of that project inspired me to make a fabric book.


I started with 6 pieces of black fabric, each cut 5" by 10".
The second layer was small pink scraps arranged to cover most of the black.
The third layer was a few embellishments such as rickrack, trim and paper flowers (from my scrapbooking bin).
I covered everything with the fourth layer, pink netting I saved from the bow on a birthday present.
Then I quilted each one using black thread.


Embellishments!

My heartfelt thanks go to Lisa Hunt for giving me the idea of using a piece of leftover quilt binding as an edging for one of the pages. It's great to have creative friends.

The finished project.


No comments:

Post a Comment